Cruise Ship Job Descriptions

Here's where you'll find in-depth cruise ship job descriptions for any position onboard.
A cruise ship is divided into several departments and shipboard employees are typically split between these departments. By viewing each department below you will find full job descriptions of all available cruise positions for that particular department.

For each position onboard there is a description, job requirements, details of the duties you would perform, employment information and a guide-line to the typical wage you would earn for that position on a cruise ship.


This section provides essential information and will help you determine which position onboard a cruise ship is right for you.


Click on any department heading below to view the full positions and job descriptions for that department:

"I want to thank you for this website and all the help it has given me.
"Within 1-2 weeks of joining I was contacted by 5 recruitment agencies. 3-4 weeks later I received a job offer from Disney, I had a phone interview with RCCL and I received emails from Carnival and NCL!
"I was so prepared for interviews, writing my cover letters, understanding the industry, as well as what to say and the names of the right people to contact. More than anything I think I felt MORE CONFIDENT about applying which showed through in my interviews. The forum provided lots of support, even with searching for old posts about anything relevant to my position.
"Thanks so much for making my dream of working on a cruise ship a reality with all the support from this site :)"
Casey HaganUSA


"After only two weeks applying I got six interview planned. So last week I had an interview with Norwegian Cruise Line and Royal Caribbean! They both wanted to hire me!!! This within one month of applying!!! It is real, this website is a great help! I made the choice to start working for Royal Caribbean!! and I am so so so extremely excited to start working, wiehoe! Yeah!(Jippiejaahjeeh, in Dutch)"Margot Nillesen, Holland
"Thank you so much I couldn't have done this without your website. It only took me two weeks of job searching and all the materials and information you put together on this site are invaluable! Thanks again!"
Tony Cimino, USA


"I love your website!!!! It is a great resource, fun to read and is jam-packed full with everything you need to know to get a job with the cruise lines. The membership is worth every penny and I would not have gotten this far without it. Thank you!"Regina Midgett, USA
"Out of all the internet sites I have searched through, WorkOnCruiseShips.com is hands down the most informative and most inspirational."
"I love the site and have read all the articles numerous times!! I also find myself logging on to your site everyday (even just for a minute) because it makes me so excited and keeps my dream alive! So thank you so much!"Natalie Jacobs, AUSTRALIA
"I really appreciate this website and highly recommend it to anyone looking for fast employment on a cruise ship. The crewmember interviews, vacancies, inside information and even the photo gallery are invaluable resources that will definitely help me get employed on a cruise ship soon."Vanessa Martins, London, UK
"Thank you so much for putting this site together. I would have been very lost on my search for my dream cruise job without it. All the resume how to's were very well laid out and easy to follow. The Cruise line directory was very up to date and I had no problem reaching anyone with your supplied phone numbers and addresses."
"Only two weeks after sending out my first batch of resumes I was contacted by an agency and they have set me up for an interview in two weeks, so now I am reading over your interview questions."
"It's like one stop shopping all on one site, I'm so glad I'm a member."

No comments:

Post a Comment